Re: GSM Cell info

From: Bastien Nocera
Subject: Re: GSM Cell info
Date: Fri, 23 May 2008 01:18:27 +0100

On Thu, 2008-05-15 at 11:31 +0200, Pawel Kot wrote:
> Hi,
>
> On Thu, May 15, 2008 at 11:24 AM, Daniele Forsi <address@hidden> wrote:
> >  can we use the output of at+creg=? to decide what to do?
>
> Yes. That makes sense. That code would go to atgen and atsoer should
> be ripped off.
>
> >  While I was writing this, my phone kept jumping beetwen two cells and
> >  sent unsolicited frames
> >
> >  +CREG: 1,"8E75","00001EC1"
>
> We should handle this. The best idea would be to register callback
> function that would be invoked on the unsolicited frame. gnokii
> --monitor could make use of it as well as applications such as g-p-m.

I see that the code you guys worked on is now in, but:
- Calling to get the network info leaves the system with notifications
on (see AT+CREG docs). Not that much of problem really...
- GN_OP_SetCellBroadcast is unimplemented in the AT driver, and that's
what's supposed to turn on the notifications.

Cheers