Re: GSM Cell info

From: Bastien Nocera
Subject: Re: GSM Cell info
Date: Wed, 28 May 2008 12:02:56 +0100

On Fri, 2008-05-23 at 10:40 +0200, Pawel Kot wrote:
> Hi,
>
> On Fri, May 23, 2008 at 2:18 AM, Bastien Nocera <address@hidden> wrote:
> > - Calling to get the network info leaves the system with notifications
> > on (see AT+CREG docs). Not that much of problem really...
>
> I am unable to test this behaviour...

The AT+CREG docs say of the reg status:
* Sony Ericsson docs:
2   Enable network registration and location informa-
    tion unsolicited result code, +CREG:

Nokia docs:
GSM 07.07 section 7.2 /2/. Controls presentation of +CREG unsolicited
result code or returns current registration status.

Motorola docs:
2  Enables the network registration and location
   information in unsolicited reports and Read command

So after setting +CREG to 2 to get more network information, we should
revert it to the original value if possible. We probably have a similar
problem with some other commands, but I'm not too bothered about it, as
those notifications would just be ignored if not hooked to anything.

> > - GN_OP_SetCellBroadcast is unimplemented in the AT driver, and that's
> > what's supposed to turn on the notifications.
>
> What makes you think so?

gnokii/data.h tells me that the SetCellBroadcast operation should be
used to set the callbacks for network information:
GN_OP_SetCellBroadcast, /* set data->on_cell_broadcast and data->callback_data
*/

atgen.c calls ->reg_notification instead.

Is there a duplicate functionality here? I was expecting
->on_cell_broadcast and SetCellBroadcast to be used to give out cell
information...

Cheers