Re: sendsms help

From: Roberto Verzola
Subject: Re: sendsms help
Date: Mon, 7 May 2007 08:06:00 +0800

A comment: I've seen this response to bug reports a number of times -- try the
latest version. I

I don't think this is the right way to respond to bug reports. If there are
bug reports, it is best to find out what was wrong, and which section of code
(even if an older version) is responsible for the bug. Only then can the
coders if the bug was properly solved in the latest version.

If the bug report is ignore because it disappeared (maybe) in the latest
version, the developers will not have learned anything about the matter.

Furthermore, identifying exactly what the bug was may expose a class of bugs
which may point to other potential bugs in the software.

I know this is hard if the gnokii developers are all volunteers. However, I
still think this is the right way to handle bugs, if you want quality
software. I think software authors, paid or unpaid, want to be known for
quality software.

Greetings to all,

Roberto Verzola
Philippines