Re: "Message type 12" error on --getsms with Wavecom modem

From: Adam Block
Subject: Re: "Message type 12" error on --getsms with Wavecom modem
Date: Mon, 25 Sep 2006 18:38:25 -0700

Looking more deeply into this problem...

The same configuration file that failed on my Wavecome works just fine when
running on my MultiTech MultiModem GPRS. That's extra weird because the
MultiTech has a Wavecom chipset. When I look at the log output I notice the
following:

FAILED (Wavecom WMO2):
at+cpms?
  +CPMS: "SM",2,30,"SM",2,30

SUCCESS (MultiTech GPRS):
at+cpms?
  +CPMS: "SM",3,30,"SM",3,30,"SM",3,30

The MultiTech appears to respond to the CPMS query with three memory
locations. That doesn't make much sense since the documentation (
http://www.multitech.com/DOCUMENTS/Collateral/manuals/S000293E.pdf) only
refers to two, but whatever. In any case, Gnokii appears to expect three
memory locations, because the response in the Wavecom WMO2 case seems to be
unsatisfactory.

Of course, it's possible that Gnokii is shutting down on the next cycle (the
"at+cpms=" line). Either way I can't figure out what the problem is. Can
anyone suggest a solution?

Thanks!

/afb