Re: Nokia 6230 over DKU2 connection

From: Daniel . Vinton
Subject: Re: Nokia 6230 over DKU2 connection
Date: Tue, 6 Sep 2005 10:25:23 +0100

Hi,

2005/9/5, Keith Norman <address@hidden>:
> > I'm trying to access a Nokia 6230 through a DKU2 cable attached to the USB
> > port of a machine running Fedora Core 2. Ideally I'd like access to all of
> > the phone's contents - address book, calendar, SMS contents, filesystem.
> > Read-only would be fine. The trouble is, I can't get it working...
>
> Additionally, I have got the 6230 working over DKU2 in Windows for AT commands,
> but I really would like to be able to look at the folder structure on the
> phone - for which I think I need to use FBUS. Anybody got this working on
> Windows (2000 or XP?)

I belive gnokii should work in XP when you have the driver installed.

I've just tried the Windows version, with the same results. I installed the drivers from the Nokia website and plugged the phone into the DKU2 cable attached to the computer.

The phone appears as a modem on COM3, and gnokii will talk to it in AT code mode:

[global]
port = com3:
model = AT
initlength = default
connection = serial
use_locking = no
serial_baudrate = 19200
[gnokiid]
bindir = /usr/local/sbin/
[connect_script]
TELEPHONE = 12345678
[disconnect_script]
[logging]
debug = off
rlpdebug = off
xdebug = off

D:\Debug\Debug>gnokii --identify
GNOKII Version 0.6.8
IMEI         : 355665008141773
Manufacturer : Nokia
Model        : Nokia 6230
Revision     : V 05.35
Serial device: closing device

However I can't get the FBUS interface working (model = 6230, connection = dku2). Is this a similar situation to the linux version, where the FBUS and AT code interfaces are mapped to different ports? If so, does anyone know how to figure out what port setting to use for FBUS?

I've installed the Nokia PC suite software which will talk to the phone, inspect appointments and todo list etc, so I'm pretty sure that the phone is fine and can talk to the PC via FBUS, I just don't know how it's doing it.

Any further help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks everyone.

Dan.