Re: Phone powers off automatically after switching it on (Nokia 6100)

From: Johannes Zellner
Subject: Re: Phone powers off automatically after switching it on (Nokia 6100)
Date: Sat, 10 Jan 2004 18:53:14 +0100

On Sat, Jan 10, 2004 at 03:39:15PM +0100, Pawel Kot wrote:
> On Thu, 8 Jan 2004, Johannes Zellner wrote:
>
> > meanwhile I sent my phone to nokia for repair (still waiting for getting
> > it returned).
> >
> > !!! This means that gnokii is not usable with the 6100 if one does not
> > want to risk to break it (or it's software) !!!
>
> Can you remember what gnokii version was this?
>
> > My question: does anyone use successfully gnokii with the nokia 6100 (over
> > the infrared port) ?
>
> It seems someone did:
> http://article.gmane.org/gmane.linux.drivers.gnokii/3036
> So it would seem that in gnokii 0.5.6 everything worked but gnokii 0.5.7
> broke it somehow, could you please confirm?

Unfortunately I don't know it any more, but I belive it was something
before 0.5.6 (maybe 0.5.5 ?). I /believe/ it was the version which comes
with debian from around Dez, 10., but I've also installed gnokii myself
and as I've said, I don't really know which version I used.

Today I got my repaired phone back and it has a newer software version:

V 05. 16
26-09-03
NPL-2
(c) NMP.

The old one (which was broken after the gnokii connection) was:

V 04.01
12-12-02
NPL-2
(c) NMP.

1. Is there a chance, that the new phone software behaves differently?
In other words, should I risk connection to the phone again?

2. Is there a way to log the connection between gnokii and the phone, so
that if would break again, at least I could submit the log?

--
Johannes