Bluetooth and 6310

From: Marcel Holtmann
Subject: Bluetooth and 6310
Date: 17 Apr 2003 02:38:53 +0200

Hi Folks,

I discovered some secrets of the Nokia Bluetooth support in the 6310
generation. They use a special SDP entry, which is not in the public
browse group of their SDP database. And here it is:

        Attribute Identifier : 0x0 - ServiceRecordHandle
          Integer : 0x10006
        Attribute Identifier : 0x1 - ServiceClassIDList
          Data Sequence
            UUID128 : 0x00005002-0000-1000-8000-0002ee00-0001
        Attribute Identifier : 0x4 - ProtocolDescriptorList
          Data Sequence
            Data Sequence
              UUID16 : 0x0100 - L2CAP
            Data Sequence
              UUID16 : 0x0003 - RFCOMM
              Channel/Port (Integer) : 0xe

The main secret of this is that they use RFCOMM channel 14 for their
communication protocol. At the moment I am not sure which kind of FBUS
version did they use, but it makes sense that they use a variant of the
phonet one, because the RFCOMM channel provides a reliable link.

Regards

Marcel