Re: Bluetooth and 6310

From: Marcel Holtmann
Subject: Re: Bluetooth and 6310
Date: 17 Apr 2003 15:51:54 +0200

Hi Pawel,

> > > The main secret of this is that they use RFCOMM channel 14 for their
> > > communication protocol. At the moment I am not sure which kind of FBUS
> > > version did they use, but it makes sense that they use a variant of the
> > > phonet one, because the RFCOMM channel provides a reliable link.
> >
> > I was right with my assumption that Nokia uses a phonet like protocol on
> > the Bluetooth link. This is the initial exchange of the connection
> > manager:
>
> So with RFCOMM channel 14 we are already in the FBUS mode, and we don't
> need to set any initialization (like AT*NOKIAFBUS)?

you have to connect to RFCOMM channel 14 and your phone will display
"Connecting". After you send

        0x19 0x00 0x10 0xd0 0x00 0x01 0x04

the phone shows "Connected to ..." and returns

        0x19 0x10 0x00 0xd0 0x00 0x01 0x05

At this point you are ready to go with the Bluetooth phonet protocol.
You should modify the fbus-phonet.c to also support the Bluetooth
version of it. Before closing the RFCOMM socket it is a good idea to
wait 2 seconds. If you don't do this, the phone didn't let you connect
again until you reset it.

I think the config file entries "rfcomm_cn" and "bt_address" are not
really needed. You should remove them and this will also remove your
problem in data.h.

If people want to connect over Bluetooth they should place the Bluetooth
device address in the config entry "port" and set the connection type to
"bluetooth". Depending on the value of "model" the link layer and RFCOMM
channel are selected. For "AT" and the "Nokia 6210" you use channel 1
and for all other "Nokia abcd" phones you use channel 14 with Bluetooth
phonet protocol.

Regards

Marcel