Re: nokia 6330 and bluetooth

From: Pawel Kot
Subject: Re: nokia 6330 and bluetooth
Date: Fri, 25 Oct 2002 00:19:45 +0200 (CEST)

On Thu, 24 Oct 2002, Hans-Cees Speel wrote:

> I am really not understanding yet how gnokii and bluez come together,

Quite simple. Gnokii uses some bluez routines to estabilish bluetooth
connection (common/devices/unixbluetooth.c)

> but I take it that I need gnokii to use bluetooth to dial into my isp?

No. You don't need gnokii at all. Just use pppd as with the cable
connection, but use bluetooth device instead /dev/ttySX.

> In that case I will be happy to test all you want! Because I cannot stand that
> windows can do things linux cannot.

Like BSOD? ;-)

> > > I am also wondering on a different note how to use the gnokii to
> > > dial-in with an isp if I had a phone-cable. Can't really find that
> > > anywhere.
> >
> > You don't need gnokii for this. Just pppd.
>
> But don't you need a modem driver then? Where does gnokii fit in?

Gnokii is for the other purposes. It is to operate your phone. There's
gnokiid which is a software modem emulator, but modern phones don't need
this. Just old Nokias 61X0 and 51X0.