Re: nokia 6330 and bluetooth

From: Hans-Cees Speel
Subject: Re: nokia 6330 and bluetooth
Date: Thu, 24 Oct 2002 22:32:17 +0200

> On Thu, 24 Oct 2002, Hans-Cees Speel wrote:
>
> > Hi,
> > I saw in the maillist that nokia 6330 and irda can work with gnokii.
> >
> > My question is if anyone has it working with bluetooth.
> >
> > I have a nokia 6330 and a \n usb-bluetooth device:
> > the bluetooth-zio
> > http://www.scm-pc-card.de/1024eng/index.htm
> > http://www.scm-pc-card.de/downloads/bluetooth/bluetooth_zio.htm
> >
> > which works ok with the nokia 6310 under windows xp.
> >
> > However I want a real os and thus to make it work under linux.
> >
> > Any comments if this can work are welcome. I know bluetooth
> > needs the bluez stack, but I am wondering if the gnokii software can
> > work with that?
>
> Well, we have preliminary support for bluetooth. If you agree to test
> the stuff I may write the patch for bluetooth for gnokii. Just say so
> ;-)

I am really not understanding yet how gnokii and bluez come together, but I
take it
that I need gnokii to use bluetooth to dial into my isp?

In that case I will be happy to test all you want! Because I cannot stand that
windows can do things linux cannot.

> > I am also wondering on a different note how to use the gnokii to
> > dial-in with an isp if I had a phone-cable. Can't really find that
> > anywhere.
>
> You don't need gnokii for this. Just pppd.

But don't you need a modem driver then? Where does gnokii fit in?

hc