More Questions on smsd

From: Stefan Schoeman
Subject: More Questions on smsd
Date: Thu, 5 Sep 2002 10:06:48 +0200

Hi Guys,

Just another question that someone may have implemented on smsd. Basically,
on reception of an sms, smsd writes the message to a database table inbox.
This is great, but I was wondering if anyone could help me add a bit of code
that would also fork an external program at time of reception. So basically,
I would like smsd to insert the record into the inbox as before, but, if
successful, I also want it to fork another program. I don't know enough
about threads and the like under unix to know if it is same to fork an
external program from within smsd.

Thanks,

Stefan