Re: More Questions on smsd

From: Jan Derfinak
Subject: Re: More Questions on smsd
Date: Thu, 5 Sep 2002 10:48:03 +0200 (CEST)

On Thu, 5 Sep 2002, Pawel Kot wrote:

> > this is already implemented in CVS i think. Its called the file-module
> > (libfile).
> > Check the archive of this mailinglist from Juli or early August for a thread
> > from me called Additional feature for smsd or something like that.
>
> No. It just saves the incoming SMS to the file. It doesn't execute any
> external program.

Sorry, you are wrong. Look into README file:

THE FILE MODULE

This module don't need SQL server for its work. For incoming messages it
work in a way that it calls a program giving phone number, date as parameter
and the message text on stdin. In the smsd directory there is as example file
action. It shows sms data to stdout. If you want something usefull you must
write your own action.
For outgoing messages you can set spool directory where smsd looks
regularly.

Incoming sms are passed in format
action number date < sms

Outgoing sms must be in format:
number
text

The name of file is unimportant but smsd ignores all files with prefix
"ERR.". If smsd succesfuly sends sms, it removes file from spool directory.
If smsd cannot sends sms prepend file with "ERR." prefix and ignores it.

If you use -m file, -u (--user) and -c (--host) will have other meaning.
-u is for action (action must be executable)
-c is for spool directory where smsd looks for sms's. Smsd must have read
   and write permissions to this directory.

-p, -d parameters have no meaning when -m file is used.

If you don't specify -u, default action is to print sms to stdin.
If you don't specify -c, sms sending will be disabled.

                                        jano