Re: Gnokii for Win32

From: Marcin Wiacek
Subject: Re: Gnokii for Win32
Date: Tue, 11 Jun 2002 16:42:14 +0200

Hi Feico,

> There are driver samples in the DDK's that Microsoft delivers. AFAIK
the
> DDK's are freely downloadable.
> One suggestion, why not try to make something like the psuedo TTY
stuff that
> Unix has. Not just *Gnokii will benefit, a lot of other
people/projects will
> be interested as well. One of the benifits IMHO is that the
AT-emulator can
> run in user mode and is therefor much easier to debug.
> Try to find INSTDRV.C and SIMPLDRV.C on the web. These files show how
> make it possible to load and run a device driver during run-time.
Haven't
> found a serial emulator, but the is a serial sample in the DDK
allthough
> targeted at the UART.
My main target is to write simple driver, which will add "fake" com port
to win32 - I almost end internal Nokia protocols functions (almost) and
now want to make real AT support both for Unix and Win32. And I need
skeleton (do I write it good ?) for simple driver - some source, where I
will have to put only function for sending and receiving data (here: AT
commands). And I can't find files/DDK, you say and I read in many places
in Net. I'm Searching from few days...

Pozdrowienia/Best Regards
--
Marcin Wiacek (mailto:address@hidden,