Re: [Gnewsense-dev] Wiki spam

From: Felipe Lopez
Subject: Re: [Gnewsense-dev] Wiki spam
Date: Wed, 4 Sep 2013 16:06:33 -0500

2013/9/3 Andrew R. <address@hidden>
There has been another spam "attack" on the wiki today and yesterday.

Perhaps the Q&A CAPTCHA needs to be changed (even if it only stops it
temporarily).

Also, the spam on this page cannot be reverted because the word
"backlinks" is blacklisted:
http://www.gnewsense.org/Projects/WikiMigrationScript

Do any other members have suggestions for ways we can stop the spam attacks?
Also, I think the wiki has fail2ban on it but I heard it wasn't working.

I can't suggest anything right now, but I wanted to let you know that, while working on
task #12792 [1], I have deleted more than twenty pages created by spammers today.

[1]: https://savannah.nongnu.org/task/index.php?12792

--
Andrew Roffey     http://andrew.roffey.org
GPG fingerprint   F9E6 E6C4 0080 85F4 0E30 B0D9 7F7B DC7F 9657 B073