Re: [Gnewsense-dev] Wiki spam

From: Felipe Lopez
Subject: Re: [Gnewsense-dev] Wiki spam
Date: Mon, 16 Sep 2013 16:38:48 -0500

2013/9/16 Sam Geeraerts <address@hidden>
Op Fri, 6 Sep 2013 11:23:52 +1000
schreef Andrew R. <address@hidden>:

> It looks like the MoinMoin developers will introduce email account
> activation soon as well. A patch for 1.9.7 was uploaded to their wiki
> yesterday (but might not be properly tested):
>
> http://www.moinmo.in/MoinMoinPatch/VerifyAccountCreationByEmail
>
> It appears the Debian wiki is using this patch at the moment.

Thanks for the suggestion. I'm afraid the wiki is currently not email
enabled [1].

Let's try the "babysitting" option first. I've added a site-wide ACL
for EditorGroup [2]:

acl_rights_default = u"EditorGroup:read,write,delete,revert All:read"

This means that any member of EditorGroup can edit. Those people can
also grant membership to others. So all allowed users can allow new
users. I've added a few of the recently active people to the group.

I've purposely not added rsiddarth so that someone else can add him to
see if this system works.

I just added rsiddarth.

If it does, I'll announce the change on
-users and News and activate new account creation again. We'll need to
think of a nice way to handle requests, though.

So, everyone who wants edit rights, please raise your finger!

[1] http://www.moinmo.in/MoinMoinPatch/VerifyAccountCreationByEmail
[2] http://www.gnewsense.org/EditorGroup