Re: [Gnewsense-dev] Organizing wiki documentation by version

From: Felipe Lopez
Subject: Re: [Gnewsense-dev] Organizing wiki documentation by version
Date: Sun, 18 Aug 2013 18:18:55 -0500

After reading all the comments again, I'd propose the following:

1. Separate documentation by version using the following format:

    /Documentation/MAYOR_NUMBER

   For example:

    /Documentation/3
    /Documentation/2

2. Use page hierarchies instead of categories. Personally, I find documentation
   easier to navigate using hierarchies, and I think they work well with the
   current breadcrumbs feature.

3. Use MoinMoin CopyPage action to generate the base documentation of future
   versions when the time comes.

4. Update guidelines for documentation writers so that they are aware of the
   changes for managing wiki documentation.

If you agree, I'll create a new task in Savannah and an implementation plan
to add these changes to the wiki.

--
Felipe Lopez
http://sirgazil.info/