Re: [Gnewsense-dev] Rebuilt package for batik (bug: #34579)

From: Marek Buras
Subject: Re: [Gnewsense-dev] Rebuilt package for batik (bug: #34579)
Date: Thu, 29 Nov 2012 05:20:57 +0100

On Wed, Nov 28, 2012 at 10:55:10PM +0100, Sam Geeraerts wrote:
> I superficially compared Squeeze's package with yours. That showed a few
> minor differences of which I don't see the relevance for this bug, e.g.
> 'target="1.5"' in build.xml, 'grand codeBase' in svgbrowser.policy.
> Doesn't really matter because we're mostly interested in the debian
> directory, which looks fine. I just found it interesting. I haven't had
> time to build the package yet.

Those changes you mentioned was introduced in patches from 1.7-6 version. I
haven't touched them - just applied as they were. Some of them may be critical
for other packages, for example:

--- 8< ---

-grant codeBase "${app.dev.base}/lib/pdf-transcoder.jar" {
+grant codeBase "file:/usr/share/java/fop-transcoder.jar" {
   permission java.security.AllPermission;
    };

What I did was only removing jar files and patching build.xml, so it won't
install any of those jars. Of course some minor changes in debian directory was
needed as well.

--
Marek Buras
cyfr0n (at) go2.pl