Re: [Gnewsense-dev] Debderive

From: Karl Goetz
Subject: Re: [Gnewsense-dev] Debderive
Date: Sat, 18 Feb 2012 19:52:57 +1100

On Sun, 12 Feb 2012 14:17:33 +0100
Sam Geeraerts <address@hidden> wrote:

> Stayvoid wrote:
> > Hi!

> > 3. I've also tried to write some tests. Here is the result. (Maybe
> > we shouldn't use IOError for this purpose. I'm not sure.)
> > > if __name__ == "__main__":
> > +    # Check for debderiver.py in `/usr/local/bin'
> > +    if os.path.abspath(__file__) != '/usr/local/bin/debderiver.py':
> > +        raise IOError, 'Copy debderiver.py to `/usr/local/bin\''

I'm not a python buff, but isn't The Done Thing to use try blah:, except
IOError?

> It's not required to be in /usr/local/bin. I plan to make a proper
> debian package for it eventually, so it will install to /usr/bin.

If you want I can make one up, just let me know. (If you want it as
your learning project i'll keep my hands off :)).

> > 4.
> > Can I write to http://bzr.savannah.gnu.org/lh/gnewsense/debderiver
> > by myself?
>
> If you show enough commitment and knowledge about the code.

Its worth noting that we can't give people access per repository. You
either have write access to *all* our stuff in bzr, or none of it.

> >> I don't think Savannah supports personal (i.e. linked to user
> >> instead of project) branches, but maybe you have your own hosting
> >> or you could use Launchpad.
> > I'm going to run my own server soon. Could you tell me more about
> > the options I have?
>
> You can make a Bazaar repository public with "bzr serve". I made the
> attached script for our bzr.gnewsense.org.

IIRC i modified it slightly when i migrated it over to seagoon. If you
haven't seen the changed version you might like to merge in the
changes :)
thanks,
kk

--