Re: [Gnewsense-dev] Debderive

From: Karl Goetz
Subject: Re: [Gnewsense-dev] Debderive
Date: Mon, 20 Feb 2012 10:26:22 +1100

On Sun, 19 Feb 2012 23:07:06 +0100
Sam Geeraerts <address@hidden> wrote:

> Karl Goetz wrote:
> > hehe.
> > Its a really simple thing to package, so its basically done.
>
> Great.
>
> > I do have some questions though:
> > * would you like me to write a man page? will its command line
> > options change much from this point?
>
> A man (or info) page should have been on the todo list. Good
> suggestion. You can take inspiration from the (incomplete) docs in
> the source.
>
> It currently has no command line options. Maybe there will be a

In this case I might hold off on the man page for a little while. We
can try and get the doco written up with it then perhaps generate the
man page from it. (I have used rst2man with success, perhaps
$yourmarkdownofchoice has an equivalent)

> verbosity option in the future, but it's supposed to take most of its
> settings from the configuration file.

I'd suggest (at least) the following:
 -c --config
 -h --help
 -v --verbose

-c is particularly useful, as the config can be anyware, not ~/.
or /etc/.

> > * is it intended to be called from cron, or run as a daemon?
>
> Cron.

ok

> > * what path(s) on the filesystem does it use, and where would i
> > need to change that?

> > * does it have a configuration file for things like cache/temporary
> >   paths? (or are they hard coded in the the script)

> > * I'm still mulling over the best place for the 'stuff' in the
> >   debderiver.yaml. under /var makes sense, but a full debian mirror
> > in there? ...

thansk for the replies to these, when i get motiviated to finish off
hte package i'll keep them for reference.
thanks,
kk

--
Karl Goetz, (Kamping_Kaiser / VK7FOSS)