Re: [Gnewsense-dev] Xulrunner freedom bug: how to apply patch?

From: Christophe Jarry
Subject: Re: [Gnewsense-dev] Xulrunner freedom bug: how to apply patch?
Date: Thu, 2 Dec 2010 11:48:14 +0100

Dear developers,

I want to fix the following bug: Galeon web browser proposes to
download flashplayer plugin (http://savannah.nongnu.org/bugs/?30027).

It has been suggested that I upload the modified (fixed) source code
of xulrunner (the rendering engine of galeon, responsible for the bug)
on gNewSense bzr. But those days, I have seen an update for xulrunner.
So if gNewSense uses my modified version, xulrunner will not be updated
automatically with this kind of update.

Is it possible for me to "just" write a patch (eventually a .deb
package) that would patch every xulrunner update on the fly? I am
thinking about some kind of `xulrunner-plugin-patch' package on which
xulrunner would depend, so that every xulrunner update will
automatically call the patch. Can this work?

Christophe