Re: [Gnewsense-dev] gNewSense on Lemote YeeLoong for Absolute Beginners

From: Kim Hawtin
Subject: Re: [Gnewsense-dev] gNewSense on Lemote YeeLoong for Absolute Beginners
Date: Sun, 04 Apr 2010 09:16:34 +0930

Cato Auestad wrote:
Hi,

I have written a guide/manual/text in Texinfo about how to install gNewSense on a Lemote YeeLoong. The manual explains in extremely simple terms how to install the operating system so that even your common GNU/Linux newcomer can manage to do it. I must note that I am not a part of the Documentation Team or anything, and wrote this mostly because I want to learn about writing documentation in Texinfo and I have nothing else to write about.

Anyhow, to write this manual I needed to include a fair part from the gNewSenseToMIPS page on the wiki and as far as I can see, there is no note or anything about a license for the information on the wiki. So my question is mostly:

1) According to GFDL I am required to include attributes to the "original authors", now, since there is no other "original author" to this exact manual, alot of information is taken/copied from the wiki, should I attribute this to anyone?
If so, who?

2) Would it be of any interest if I upload this to the wiki and include a link to it on the gNewSenseToMIPS page?

3) I would love if anyone would do me the favor of proofreading the manual or give me any feedback on the content.

I was thinking about sending out the manual on gnewsense-users mailing list once I get it formatted properly.

I don't think I've ever written any Texinfo, but would be happy to proof read your documentation and learn Texinfo along the way.

regards,

Kim
--
vk5fnet.blogspot.com