Re: [Gnewsense-dev] lemote does not boot after install

From: Quiliro Ordóñez
Subject: Re: [Gnewsense-dev] lemote does not boot after install
Date: Sun, 24 Jan 2010 08:36:57 -0500

> First, it's advisable to create an rescue USB stick, as described in
> "Creation of a recovery system for the Yeeloong
> laptop" ( http://wiki.gnewsense?org/Projects/Lemote#toc19 ).
>
> Then examine your system.
>
> Then, eventually try to download & install one linux-image located in
> http://www.fsfla.org/download/linux-libre/lemote/gnewsense/pool/

Thank you Samy.

I have a kernel on my usb flash memory. It is 2.6.31.6-libre1. It is
the one I used for the installation. My usb flash memory has also a
boot system as described is needed for the installation.

I reinstalled the system. Near the end it said that no boot loader was
installed. Then came to the point where the system is about to
restart. I can see the installed system at /target. I can even chroot
to it and the kernel is not at /boot . I do no know how to mount the
usb flash memory to copy the kernel to /boot . Will you please tell me
how to do it?

--
Saludos/Greetings
Quiliro Ordóñez

"¿Sólo cuando el último árbol esté muerto, el último río envenenado y
el último pez atrapado nos daremos cuenta que no se puede comer
dinero?"
"Only when the last tree is dead, the last river is poisoned and the
last fish is caught will we realize that money is not edible?"