[Gnewsense-dev] lemote does not boot after install

From: Quiliro Ordóñez
Subject: [Gnewsense-dev] lemote does not boot after install
Date: Sat, 23 Jan 2010 20:19:52 -0500

Hi people.

Had been using gNewSense Amagi amagi.gnu.org.ve for some time and
decided to install gNewSense. I will incorporate the changes made by
Amagi to make gNewSense lighter and minimal for the Lemote Yeeloong.
This is a decisión made by the Amagi team based on recomendations of
RMS to reincorporate Amagi to gNewSense.

On the gNewSense installation, I followed the steps in
http://wiki.gnewsense.org/Projects/GNewSenseToMIPS. Everything went
fine untill the installation finished and the computer rebooted. It
was all normal but instead of seeing a kernel in /boot I get another
file:

PMON> devls
Device name   Type
rtl0                 IFNET
wd0                DISK
PMON> dir (wd0,0)/boot
.                     <DIR>
..                    <DIR>
delo.2nd          <FILE>       67757
PMON> load (wd0,0)/boot/vmlinux-2.6.31.6-libre1
(wd0,0)/boot/vmlinux-2.6.31.6-libre1: Undefined error: 0
PMON> load (wd0,0)/boot/vmlinux
(wd0,0)/boot/vmlinux: Undefined error: 0
PMON> load (wd0,0)/boot/delo.2nd
0x80440000/50776 + 0x8044c658/6856(z) + 131 syms-
Entry address is 0x80443840
PMON>

And cannot boot. Obviously the kernel was not copied but the resto of
the OS has been installed because when I type:
dir (wd0,0)/
I can see the whole directory tree and home has my username.

Should I reinstall?
--
Saludos/Greetings
Quiliro Ordóñez

"¿Sólo cuando el último árbol esté muerto, el último río envenenado y
el último pez atrapado nos daremos cuenta que no se puede comer
dinero?"
"Only when the last tree is dead, the last river is poisoned and the
last fish is caught will we realize that money is not edible?"