Re: [Gnewsense-dev] mesa 7.0.3 rc2 - some files licenses

From: Karl Goetz
Subject: Re: [Gnewsense-dev] mesa 7.0.3 rc2 - some files licenses
Date: Mon, 23 Nov 2009 14:34:14 +1030

On Sun, 22 Nov 2009 13:32:31 +0100
ben <address@hidden> wrote:

> Karl Goetz wrote:
> >    * Changed the notice in debian/copyright regarding the right to
> >      distribute modified binaries, now blessed by Mark "Just Because
> > I'm A CG Genius Doesn't Mean I'm Not A Stubborn Arsehole" Kilgard.
> > (Closes: #131997)
> >
> > I wonder if this means we can also distribute glut under the same
> > terms (since hes said thats what was intended), or if we need to be
> > careful with it too.
>
> What makes you think that distribution under the same terms is not
> possible?

That upstream (Mark) is extremely hostile, it makes me a bit iffy. More
importantly (in my mind) was weather that 'licence clarification'
counted for all works he produced, or just glut.

> I quote from [1]:
>
> || Would it be possible for you to just make it absolutely clear that
> || everyone's allowed to use, copy, and modify (and distribute their
> || modifications) of libglut?
>
> || Just quoting the above and replying "Yes, that's fine" or similar
> || would be
> || okay.
>
> | Yes, that's fine.
>
> It clearly says "everyone". But perhaps that's not what you're
> thinking about?

I guess I'm being overly worried (justified or not).
kk

--
Karl Goetz, (Kamping_Kaiser / VK5FOSS)
http://www.kgoetz.id.au