[Gnewsense-dev] Re: gnewsense how to help: new page updated

From: John Sullivan
Subject: [Gnewsense-dev] Re: gnewsense how to help: new page updated
Date: Tue, 21 Apr 2009 17:01:50 -0400

Graziano Sorbaioli <address@hidden> writes:

> John Sullivan ha scritto:
>
>> Yay, the new skin is really nice. I don't see a link to the help page
>> though -- it's still really hard to find. Maybe a sidebar link, plus a
>> link in the introduction text on the front page would be good?
>

> There is a highlighted "how to help" link the left sidebar.

Hm, okay, I didn't see that because to me the highlighting there makes
it look like a heading that isn't meant to be clicked on. But I guess it
makes sense.

> I was thinking about adding one or two little buttons at the end of the
> presentation in the homepage:
>
> Download gNewSense     and    Help gNewSense
>

> Sirgazil already did the first one (thank you).
>

> If you think it is a good idea we could ask him to do the second one and
> then host both of them on the homepage.

Sorry, what page do you mean? I don't see a download button.

>> I updated the link on http://fsf.org/campaigns/priority.html to point to
>> the How to Help page. I'm not sure where it would fit on the home page
>> of gnu.org exactly, but open to suggestions.
>

> Something near/below the current "GNUstep developer wanted"?
>
> Or maybe in the light green box below "Support the efforts on EU net
> neutrality!"?

I think it's okay now -- it's on the High Priority Projects list on the
front page. The green box is temporary and only appears when there are
time-sensitive urgent things.

--
John Sullivan
Manager of Operations