Re: [Gnewsense-dev] usplash on yeeloong

From: Graziano Sorbaioli
Subject: Re: [Gnewsense-dev] usplash on yeeloong
Date: Fri, 27 Mar 2009 15:24:24 +0100

Graziano Sorbaioli ha scritto:
> My situation is this:
> I am using gnewsense mips-l but I don't have any boot.cfg file on /boot.
>
> It seems PMON has an "initrd" command to load an initird image but how
> to do it automatically without using a boot.cfg file?

Ok a summary of the situation.

PMON.

I set the pmon variables the following way.

set al /dev/fs/address@hidden/boot/vmlinux-2.6.27.7-libre

set karg = "console=tty no_auto_cmd root=/dev/hda1"

The above ones are right and tested.

The following ones should be right but returns me an error:

set rd /dev/fs/address@hidden/boot/initrd.img-2.6.27.7-libre

When the initrd file is loaded I get this:

\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\

Loaded 2919807 bytes
initrd: not enough arguments
usage: initrd initrd/initramfs path

\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\

followed by numbers and then

\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\

Exception Cause=address error on store, SR=0x24000002, PC=0x80100000
CONTEXT=0x00600070, XCONTENT=0x00000000
BADVADDR=0xffffffff8005a897, ENTHI=0x00000000
ENTLO0=0x02f9d41f, ENTLO1=0x02f9d51f

\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\

NOTE:

if I load it MANUALLY immediatly after entered the pmon prompt, with the
command:

initrd /dev/fs/address@hidden/boot/initrd.img-2.6.27.7-libre

It is loaded fine.

Anyway, even in this case, I can see the splash screen only when
rebooting/closing the yeeloong, NOT during the boot.

During the boot I see the usual loading writings.

Hope this helps.

- --
Graziano Sorbaioli ~ sorbaioli.org
Libre Planet Italia