gnats-prs

gnats/504: Re: gnats/504: gnatsd crashes when trying to lock a nonexiste

From: Alex
Subject: gnats/504: Re: gnats/504: gnatsd crashes when trying to lock a nonexistent PR
Date: Tue, 18 Oct 2005 16:45:01 -0500 (CDT)

The following reply was made to PR gnats/504; it has been noted by GNATS.

From: Alex <address@hidden>
To: address@hidden
Date: Tue, 18 Oct 2005 17:39:19 -0400 (EDT)

 > I'll take a closer look at the source code and review your patch this
 > weekend.  I see in the patch that you've cut out functions liberally.
 > I'm all for code clean-up, but I want to verify that the change won't
 > impact anything else.

 I couldn't find anything that uses those functions legitimately, only
 get_pr_path did, and only if a PR was already determined to be nonexistent!

 > A wishlist item for me would be to also fix the subject/synopsis
 > matching without the presence of the "category/index: " prefix.

 I think the problem is that you have gnats-prs and bug-gnats connected.
 I can think of 2 solutions:

 1. Don't make bug-gnats messages trigger gnats submits. Instead make it a
 plain mailing list for bug discussions.

 2. Consolidate bug-gnats and gnats-prs. For instance get rid of gnats-prs
 and make the messages shown in bug-gnats be whatever the gnats-prs
 contains now (ie only have subjects in the category/number format)

 Alex