Re: [Gnash] Where does gnash send to trace output to?

From: Meryl Silverburgh
Subject: Re: [Gnash] Where does gnash send to trace output to?
Date: Sat, 3 Mar 2007 23:29:22 -0600

strk,

Thanks for your help.

I try the following actionscript. But it works fine in gnash, so I
can't narrow down further when gnash can't play the you tube swf file.

I now think it is caused by the fact that  the variable 'movie' is set
to 'player.movie' before calling the setMovie()'.  And yet, I don't
see what is 'player.movie' is referring to in the flare output (see
the attached file).

// here is the flare output:
frame 1 {
   movie = player.movie;
   movie.base_url = '/';
   movie.tracker_cls = logic.PlayerTracker;
   movie.setMovie(video_id, undefined, undefined, l, t);
   movie.playMovie();
   Stage.scaleMode = 'noScale';
   Stage.addListener(this);
   //....
}

// Here is my test case for ActionScript:
class MyMovie extends MovieClip {

 static var app : MyMovie;

 // Declare the nested instance
 // as a property.
 private var mcShape:MovieClip;

 function MyMovie() {
   trace("A MyMovie");
 }

 public function setMovie(_video_id:String, image_url:String,
movie_url:String, l:String, _track_id:String, eurl:String,
append_vars:String ):Void
{
          trace ("Inside setMovie");
}

                // entry point
        static function main(mc) {
                app = new MyMovie();
        app.setMovie("1234", "abc", "def", "1234", "abc", "def", "efg");

        }
}

On 3/2/07, strk <address@hidden> wrote:
On Fri, Mar 02, 2007 at 01:16:55PM -0600, Meryl Silverburgh wrote:
> Hi Strk,
>
> Per your suggestion, I am still trying to come up a simple test case
> to test out gnash.
>
> The problem is I can't get the following code to compile, and I can't
> figure that out:

>       logic.Movie = v1;
>        logic.Movie extends MovieClip;

This is NOT valid ActionScript, it's just a construct that
swfmill uses being unable to do anything better.
If I'm not wrong it's documented by swfmill itself.
Correct syntax is:

        class Movie extends MovieClip {
        };

--strk;