Re: [Gnash] Debian Packages for Gnash

From: Patrice Dumas
Subject: Re: [Gnash] Debian Packages for Gnash
Date: Wed, 26 Apr 2006 19:48:35 +0200

>   I don't really have a feeling for if it is better to have one big
> package with everything in it, or multiple small packages. I do like
> reducing dependencies though, but I'm curious what other people think.

I believe there is no solution that is optimal for everybody... It seems
to me that the standalone gnash plugin shouldn't depend on a webbrowser
being installed, and the api should be in a separate package, but otherwise
it seems to me to be pretty open.

For example whether the standalone player should be bundled with the
shared libs or not seems to me to be up to the packagers depending on
his will and the platform/distro conventions.

--
Pat