Re: [Gnash] Re: gnash only creates blank standalone window.....

From: Rob Savoye
Subject: Re: [Gnash] Re: gnash only creates blank standalone window.....
Date: Thu, 13 Apr 2006 10:24:37 -0600

Jonas Wolz wrote:

I can confirm that: I also got the gnash CVS version compiled on FreeBSD (by
manually setting CFLAGS and LDFLAGS to include gtkglext, SDL, ...) and the
standalone player works just fine, but the plugin doesn't show up in
about:plugins. The only thing that happens  when I go to about:plugins is
that gnash-dbg.log gets created (with 0 bytes size).

The same source code works when copied over to a Linux installation and
compiled/installed there.

Sigh... This is a little difficult to debug remotely since I don't have access to a FreeBSD machine. (and it failed to install under Qemu). Guess it's time to dig an old PC out of the shed and try an install on a screaming 133Mhz box... My guess is there is a subtle problem with graphics libraries. With a Gtk2 build of Firefox, you want to get the gtk-x11-2.0 libraries, I had a similar problem once where I was getting the 1.0 libraries at runtime, and got a blank screen.

I need to fix the zero sized gnash-dbg.log. You get that now by default, but since nothing it written without the "-w" option, it's always empty. Writing to the file is a performance hit, so for now it's optional.

        - rob -