Re: [Gnash] Gnash now runs in browser

From: Rob Savoye
Subject: Re: [Gnash] Gnash now runs in browser
Date: Sat, 25 Feb 2006 08:09:36 -0700

annonygmouse wrote:

The elvis.swf from the testsuite put my cpu on fire ;) But I
supose it's because I don't have opengl hardware acceleration...

Probably. Elvis is doing alot, but it runs ok via mozplugger on my system once it loads.

It also does some weird thing on the display.
You can see it under this URL:
http://sebastia.homelinux.net/~jo/varis/gnash_mozilla_plugin.png

I'm not entirely sure why this is happening. On my Xeon system, I got some pretty interesting ones:

http://www.welcomehome.org/gnash/weird3.png
http://www.welcomehome.org/gnash/weird1.png
http://www.welcomehome.org/gnash/weird.png

I sort of like the distortion. :-) I only got the weird background images during one debugging session. I've seen the one you mentioned too occasionally, were it seems to warp the browser frame.

I've only seen this when displaying a single test image with mozplugger. When I web surf, it looks likes it's just fine. My guess is that when only one window is rendered, Mozilla does whatever it wants with the rest of the browser frame, since it's bigger than the plugin, but the whole window is specified.

        - rob -