Re: [Gnash] Gnash now runs in browser

From: annonygmouse
Subject: Re: [Gnash] Gnash now runs in browser
Date: Fri, 24 Feb 2006 20:40:09 +0100

Rob Savoye wrote:
I figured out how mozplugger passes the X11 window ID to the plugin, and added support to the standalone player to use this if specified. This lets mozplugger make Gnash run in the embedded window in your browser like it should. Now I can use Gnash while browsing :-)

Add this to mozpluggerrc, build Gnash from CVS (I just checked in the path to make this work), and off you go... This should work on 64 bit systems as well.

application/x-shockwave-flash:swf:Shockwave Gnash
nokill embed noisy ignore_errors hidden fill swallow(Gnash) loop: gnash -v "$file" -x $window
    : gnash -v "$file" -x $window

I have noticed that some sites have broken javascript (IE specific) that keeps movies from being launched correctly. So at some sites, I click to play something, and it doesn't always work.

Great, it "works".

But there are sites who check for the Flash version (youtube for example).
Would it be easy to mask gnash as the version expected by the website?

Message from youtube:
Hello, you either have JavaScript turned off or an old version of Macromedia's Flash Player, click here to get the latest flash player.

Kind regards
SebastiĆ .

___________________________________________________________ Yahoo! Messenger - NEW crystal clear PC to PC calling worldwide with voicemail http://uk.messenger.yahoo.com