Re: [Gnash] Block locations

From: Rob Savoye
Subject: Re: [Gnash] Block locations
Date: Mon, 13 Feb 2006 09:28:45 -0700

Matt Philmon wrote:

You really believe that? I can't remember even once having a need to run a stand alone flash player. My interest in gnash is entirely around having an open replacement for Macromedia and the only place I ever use

Most users don't need a standalone Flash movie player, but this is a big deal for embedded systems folks. Many companies don't want to, or can't run a full blown X11 environment on their hardware, but they still want a GUI. So more than a few companies are using, or plan to in the near future, a standalone flash player as their GUI platform to deliver content.

At the same time, since the plugin and the standalone player use the same code, (the plugin is more like a new backend device) both platforms, standalone or web browsing should work equally as well.

        - rob -