[Gnash] updated plugin

From: Rob Savoye
Subject: [Gnash] updated plugin
Date: Sat, 07 Jan 2006 11:27:35 -0700

I just checked in a newer version of the plugin code that's nice and stable. It turned out I got caught up in an unrelated Firefox bug that got fixed yesterday or so in CVS. Now that my development version of Firefox is stable again, I tweaked the plugin to also be completely stable, and cause no weird side effects, all of which would crash the browser. Now it's stable enough to use for my general browsing, although it doesn't do anything useful yet.

This version displays a hard-coded OpenGL graphic in the window where the flash movie is supposed to be playing. You'll get multiple graphics if you have multiple flash movies in the same window frame. All the flash movies get downloaded to /tmp, so they can be used for testing with the standalone player.

Once the flash movie is downloaded, it starts a thread to play the movie, so the movie's run loop needs to run separate from Firefox's. Today I plan to merge the rest of the standalone player into this thread. Initially I'm planning on downloading a movie and then playing it, as this will require the least amount of nasty changes to the standalone player. Once that works, the next step will be to start playing the movie while downloading it. This will require major rearrangement of how Gnash reads the input stream, but these will all be worthwhile changes. Right now Gnash expects to sequentially read a disk based file, whereas with Firefox, the input is a callback, and input comes in batches.

        - rob -