Re: [Gnash-dev] Problem with Drawing API

From: zou lunkai
Subject: Re: [Gnash-dev] Problem with Drawing API
Date: Tue, 6 Nov 2007 16:35:29 +0800

> I think I never saw DrawingAPI producing color leakage.
> Can you produce such thing ?

Hmm, not sure what you mean.

Try the following example, you'll see the differences between Gnash
and PP.  Conceptually, we need the
'normalization' step to finish the last two lines(commented in the
example code) if user forget to do that.  And this
step is probably more complex  in  general cases and we don't have any
specs to define the "expected" behaviour.
That's why I said drawingAPI users should be responsible for their shapes.

example:

_root.createEmptyMovieClip("mc", 1);
with(mc)
{
        beginFill(0x0000ff, 100);
        lineStyle(5, 0xff00ff, 100);
        moveTo(200, 200);
        lineTo(300, 200);
        lineTo(200, 300);
        lineTo(300, 300);
        // lineTo(200, 200);  // with or without these two lines doesn't make
a difference with pp.
        // endFill();
}

--zou