Re: [Gnash-dev] Assigning to htmlText of TextField does not work

From: Asger Ottar Alstrup
Subject: Re: [Gnash-dev] Assigning to htmlText of TextField does not work
Date: Tue, 4 Sep 2007 11:48:28 +0200

On 9/4/07, strk <address@hidden> wrote:
> mm.. looks like duplicated code though.

Two lines? Surely, you can't be serious that you want to introduce at
least 10 lines in headers and source files to abstract the duplication
away. The probability of error in those two lines is much less than if
it is abstracted.

> Actually, could you check wheter .text and .htmlText are proper properties
> or not ? There should be some tests in actionscript.all/TextField.as
> If they are supposed to be proper properties, we should turn them into
> getter/setter more likely.

Even if they are, these fields are not implemented as properties now.
The patch as it stands is a monotonous improvement. Any further clean
ups can come in later patches.

> And for sure we should have a single function handling that html strip.

Where do you want to put this? Over time, the parsing will obviously
have to become more complicated, and change the formatting of
individual characters in the textfield according to the result of
parsing.

Regards,
Asger