Re: [Gnash-dev] Docbook derived documentation on the website

From: Rob Savoye
Subject: Re: [Gnash-dev] Docbook derived documentation on the website
Date: Thu, 14 Dec 2006 12:16:58 -0700

ann wrote:
> I was wondering...is there some reason that we don't build the documentation
> by default?  It seems to me that this would be more universally useful than,
> say, Klash support, which is default.

  The main reason is that the dependencies for producing the various
output formats are nasty, and aren't even supported on all platforms.
Even worse, building docbook requires more than a trivial amount of
packages, which aren't even the same on all distributions. So building
doc by default would likely generate a huge pile of bug reports that
we'd not be able to do much about.

  KDE support is available most everywhere, and there's a lot of KDE
users out there, so it needs to be built by default.

        - rob -