Re: [Gnash-dev] [patch] tolerate install-info missing and make distcheck

From: Patrice Dumas
Subject: Re: [Gnash-dev] [patch] tolerate install-info missing and make distcheck fixes
Date: Sun, 23 Apr 2006 03:20:12 +0200

On Sat, Apr 22, 2006 at 06:40:00PM -0600, Rob Savoye wrote:
> Patrice Dumas wrote:
>
> >There are still issues, namely staged install doesn't work as non-root
> >don't work, install-info isn't found (on fedora core at least). And also
>
>   Hum, on my FC4 system, I have an /sbin/install-info. Course it's got
> different command line options than my Ubuntu system, but that's what
> the test in the Makefile is for.

Of course I have a /sbin/install-info too. But when doing staged install
as a user I don't have /sbin in my path so /sbin/install-info fails.
With the patch, /sbin/install-info is only used if functionning.

> >There is also a patch for the specfile with gnu install-info options
> >used, and without the dir directory packaged.
>
>   I had to include the dir file on my FC4 system or I got an error
> building the RPM.

Are you building the rpm as root? Anyway it would be better to remove it
in %install, instead of distributing it something along
rm -f $RPM_BUILD_ROOT%{_infodir}/dir
Otherwise it will overwrite the existing dir file (or conflict).

> >And lastly there is still the patch that distribute plugin include files.
>
>   I don't think we want to export the Firefox header files, since
> they'd potentially conflict with an existing installation of Firefox.
> They're only included in Gnash so you don't have to install the the
> development version of Firefox to install the library.

With my patch they are not exported, only distributed, as they are in
noinst_HEADERS, together with the other mozilla include files.

--
Pat