Re: [Gnash-dev] [patch] tolerate install-info missing and make distcheck

From: Rob Savoye
Subject: Re: [Gnash-dev] [patch] tolerate install-info missing and make distcheck fixes
Date: Sat, 22 Apr 2006 18:40:00 -0600

Patrice Dumas wrote:

There are still issues, namely staged install doesn't work as non-root
don't work, install-info isn't found (on fedora core at least). And also

Hum, on my FC4 system, I have an /sbin/install-info. Course it's got different command line options than my Ubuntu system, but that's what the test in the Makefile is for.

There is also a patch for the specfile with gnu install-info options
used, and without the dir directory packaged.

I had to include the dir file on my FC4 system or I got an error building the RPM.

And lastly there is still the patch that distribute plugin include files.

I don't think we want to export the Firefox header files, since they'd potentially conflict with an existing installation of Firefox. They're only included in Gnash so you don't have to install the the development version of Firefox to install the library.

        - rob -