[Gm2] new branch opened gcc_8_2_0_gm2

From: Gaius Mulley
Subject: [Gm2] new branch opened gcc_8_2_0_gm2
Date: Wed, 29 Aug 2018 13:27:11 +0100

Hello,

I've created a new branch gcc_8_2_0_gm2 to graft onto gcc-8.2.0.  gm2
now builds with this tarball (18 failures on Debian Stretch longjmp
builtin failures).  I'm in the process of building a package and then
will revisit the bug hunting.  Using gm2 with gcc-8.2.0 is of benefit as
it automatically includes the semantic checking plugin if
-fsoft-check-all is used.  This option is best employed with -O2 or -O3
to catch semantic errors as the final checking is done post
optimisation.  So for development I'd seriously consider compiling
twice:

  gm2 -c -fsoft-check-all -O3 foo.mod
  gm2 -c -fsoft-check-all -fm2-g -g foo.mod

the first will give gm2 the possibility of using all gcc optimisation
transforms to gather knowledge of the program flow and variables etc.
The second just generates slower code - but with a strong relationship
between object code and source code - providing a better gdb experience,