[Glug-nith-discuss] Re: Glug-nith-discuss Digest, Vol 7, Issue 2

From: Ashwini Dhiman
Subject: [Glug-nith-discuss] Re: Glug-nith-discuss Digest, Vol 7, Issue 2
Date: Sat, 7 Jul 2007 15:24:15 +0530

I am using the Ubuntu 7.04. I got the ISO from the DVD of CHIP
magazine's June issue.
I want to know if it would be safe to use it ....I mean is the source
reliable???

I am having some problems with it...
It is not unpacking rpm packages...To be precise...I downloaded the
self extracting Java rpm package. It was a .bin file which unpacked
itself into some rpm packages...but when I tried to extract the rpm
packages it opened the Archive Manager and displayed the message
"Archive type is not Supported".

Secondly, I wanted to install mplayer using ./configure but it failed
saying that some file like inttype.h and bytetype.h is missing...
What should I do???