Re: [glob2-devel] Re: lets get out beta5 now

From: Kai Antweiler
Subject: Re: [glob2-devel] Re: lets get out beta5 now
Date: Sat, 27 Mar 2010 18:06:49 +0100

> I'd like to know if I shall work on something or not, because it's
> not requested by you. If people really want a feature like gates - why don't
> accept it?

I guess you are basically free to work on what you like.
As a rule of thumb, a given feature is not implemented, because nobody
had an idea
how to implement it in the amount of time that he would be willing (and able) to
work on it.  There are other reasons, but I think this is the most common one.

> I don't want to work on any big project

Understandable.

Though, pavements are a good idea (maybe Leo's favorite) and
eventually will be implemented.  If somebody implements (and
documents) a small part of it, he
could be pretty sure that his code will one day be a real improvement to glob2.

That is the next best thing to a small project.

> Aha, my older brother also intends to help globulation in coding :) So like
> you have 2 new devs? (hurray?)

Yes, hurray!
Always nice to hear that.

--