Re: [glob2-devel] is this list still functional?

From: Leo Wandersleb
Subject: Re: [glob2-devel] is this list still functional?
Date: Mon, 03 Aug 2009 16:19:29 +0200

Kai Antweiler wrote:
>> the people would
>> still need to be able to access the files in order to submit the
>> contribution
>>

> How about an "export/save" function that allows the users to store a
> copy of those
> files wherever they want?

my idea was to provide a repository that allows public automated commits
from within the game to be manually merged later on. in an extended
version you can have voting and stuff ...
Bradleys whole mail was pure ignorance both on the topic of general
interest in the project and on the topic of inline internationalisation.
I even didn't want to comment on that, but well ...
>> and the interface would be much clumsier then editing a text
>> file.
>>

> A matter of taste and habit.
> Programmers will prefer external editors, but how about players?

yep.
>> And the list doesn't recieve emails because there isn't interest in the
>> project.
>>

> The list didn't receive emails when the accesses to our server and the
> forums were high.
> By the way:  What are our current stats?
> The list is a bad indicator for interest, because it is the
> globulation2  develoment mailing list.
> Even I as a programmer write rarely to development mailing lists of
> projects that interest me.

yep

regards,

leo wandersleb