Re: [glob2-devel] hg :((( / opinions on conversion code fix

From: Leo Wandersleb
Subject: Re: [glob2-devel] hg :((( / opinions on conversion code fix
Date: Thu, 15 Jan 2009 20:18:52 +0100

Kai Antweiler wrote:
> I would need more information for a good answer.
> I can't look at our repository structure until weekend and by then it
> won't look the same anyway.

Hmm... it was more about telling you that I didn't spawn heads without caring
than that I would need investigation. Don't complain if I did anything wrong,
but explain. If I didn't do anything wrong the better it is. It just looked
wrong to me.

> Here some thoughts that you might have already checked yourself:
>
> What do you mean by "pushing a change to default"?
> Is there no chance, that you pushed a changeset of another branch as well?
>
> Did you use "hg outgoing" to get more information before forcing that push?

yes. hg outgoing only knew about one changeset.

>> why do i have to merge manually when i do a merge??
>> hg update -C -r 411f53fbb28b && hg merge -r a2d2baad1919
>
> I don't know.
> Is "hg update -C -r 411f53fbb28b && hg diff -r a2d2baad1919" helpful?
>
> Does the next line work better?
> "hg revert -a -r 411f53fbb28b && hg update -C -r 411f53fbb28b && hg
> diff -r a2d2baad1919"

Hmm.. forget that. the actual problem is that 3way merge tools like meld always
confuse me as they show me 3 versions and allow me to edit all three what makes
no sense to me when i want to merge to one final version. naming of the files
leaves me clueless, too.

greets and thanx for caring ;)