Re: [glob2-devel] Beta 3 soft released

From: Bradley Arsenault
Subject: Re: [glob2-devel] Beta 3 soft released
Date: Sun, 27 Apr 2008 13:52:58 -0400

On Sat, Apr 26, 2008 at 10:16 PM, Kieran P <address@hidden> wrote:
Hey Bradley,

I never said undo the release. If a serious bug were found (or in the case of a recent ML post, a fix for GCC compiling), then it would be fixed in the beta3 branch, and the source and windows packages recompiled and re-uploaded over the existing ones.

This is exactly what i mean by undoing a release, I've been strongly advised against doing this by several packagers. We have to make a new release now.

We should try to get this release out there. Its been tested for 2 months, the chances there is a bug in it is phenomenally low. This release was meant to be done with all packages on release day anyhow.

--
Extra cheese comes at a cost. Bradley Arsenault.