Re: [glob2-devel] YOG

From: Leo Wandersleb
Subject: Re: [glob2-devel] YOG
Date: Wed, 23 Apr 2008 00:24:04 +0200

hi

Aha! This is what I thought you where thinking, and you are wrong, atleast in the scripts that I had created.
:)
when i tried to relaunch server yog2, i ran into a loop of failing to launch the server every 5s and thought i had launched it once and it was failing to launch a 2nd one every 5s. the option "-daemon" reminded me of other programs with such an option that makes the program instantly fork and exit so it does not lock the console. for the rest it is pretty much clear it will also do with 5s. will change it back some day.
So its not creating multiple glob2 instances at once.
maybe it should and run a self test. if there is an older server, ask it if all is fine. if there is no answer, kill it and do the work yourself.
Admin commands, the one in question is .restart_server
you need to be able to connect to yog what i wasn't at that time. server must have run into some deadlock.

Greetings, Leo