Re: [glob2-devel] quiting (esc vs. cmd+q and alt+f4)

From: Kyle Lutze
Subject: Re: [glob2-devel] quiting (esc vs. cmd+q and alt+f4)
Date: Sat, 09 Feb 2008 10:40:33 -0800

Indeed, in single player game, the "normal" quit key sequence should display the save game dialog, and then return to the main menu. In network, it should only display a confirmation. The only direct quit should be sigterm. Even there, during a game sigterm should bring up the save game or confirmation dialog, and only then quit. A second sigterm in the dialog should quit while discarding the current game. If I remember correctly, SIGTERM generates a SDL_QUIT event.

Have a nice day.

Steph

which key are you refering to as the "normal" quit key? I believe cmd+q and alt+f4 should be set to just generate sigterm/sdl_quit, not pull up a menu

if you're talking about esc, that should popup the menu that shows save game, exit game, pause game, quit glob2, etc. depending on what you're doing in the game (network/custom/tutorial/map creation, etc)

Kyle