Re: [glob2-devel] Graphics in Glob2

From: Stéphane Magnenat
Subject: Re: [glob2-devel] Graphics in Glob2
Date: Wed, 6 Feb 2008 09:33:44 +0100

On Tuesday 05 February 2008 23:14:15 Leo Wandersleb wrote:
> Bradley Arsenault wrote:
> > When it comes to graphics in glob2, my personal wish is to eventually
> > see all new graphics done in 3d. This would facilitate both the making
> > of an opening cut scene, and eventually could allow us to make a
> > conversion to a 3d game.
>
> progress has been started on this already. i count on my brother (bcc:)
> who's pretty much into blender right now.

With a low to moderate knowledge of blender, Rama and I were able to redo the
level two turret in blender, including texture coordinates but no texture, in
two to three hours. As we talked already, we used a low polygons count so
that in the case we do a 3D game eventually, we would be able to zoom out
quite a lot. People with Full HD screens would like to see as much details as
today with the same graphic card. Another graphics question is about units,
which currently are meta-balls in blender and should be transformed into
tessalated boned meshes if we want to use them for real-time 3D. But we can
begin by making buildings in blender now and making a 3D renderer later,
because this is not critical at all for glob2 right now.

Have a nice day,

Steph

--
http://stephane.magnenat.net