[glob2-devel] forum news

From: Kyle Lutze
Subject: [glob2-devel] forum news
Date: Fri, 18 Aug 2006 22:09:04 -0700

with the help of ion_bidon I've made so major progress in upgrading the
forums (thank you).

some changes made:
The captcha is no longer an image which is easily readable by a bot, it
is just plain text. It is just as easy, but it is custom so a bot has to
be specifically programed to look for it. This feature also makes the
site more user friendly for the blind as their screen readers can use it.

when you register, you will not shop up until your account is activated
by email. The only people that will know are the administrators

you cannot create a profile until you activate your account by email

admins now have a new userlist interface to be able to modify
permissions, go through users faster, etc. in a much more user-friendly
format.

some admin functions have been disabled to make it harder to screw the
forum up. (pruning and web-based styles modifications as an example)

there is a new theme! glob2. subSilver will still be the default until
it's finished, but I need help with the colors! I'm not a very good
artsy fartsy type of person (I don't mean that in a negative way) that
can choose a setup that looks really good, so please login and set your
theme to glob2 and give me some feedback.

I plan on making some more changes throughout the weekend, so all
feedback is appreciated, especially if anything is broken

thanks,
Kyle