Re: [glob2-devel] Revival of the market, COMPLETE!

From: Leo Wandersleb
Subject: Re: [glob2-devel] Revival of the market, COMPLETE!
Date: Thu, 03 Aug 2006 02:24:50 +0200

hehe :)
You are working like crazy these days. that's so cool :)

markets are too much micro management. make it in some way automatic if fruits
are going in or out. for example make them fetch fruits to the markets in
general and not just to one market. so a glob that runs to get oranges for one
market will deliver them to the closest market and not to the market he
originally was assigned to. on the other hand all markets are allowed sources
of all fruits. so it can happen that at the one side a glob is handing fruits
in to the market while at the other side a glob is taking it out.

also there is something wrong with priorities. globs will first work for inns
and if no inns have free jobs they will work for the markets. that way the do
much larger distances than they would have to via markets. Try it on 4 squares.

Bradley Arsenault wrote:
This might come as a surprise, I just completed the revival of the
market (first portion). Thats right. We had discussed this on another
thread quite a while back, back before I grasped the general flow of
the code good enough to make these changes.

Anyway, the market now taps into a team ressource resevoir. This
option is set in data/buildings.txt, its called "useTeamRessources".
It can be disabled if commonly agreed against.

The idea is that you place one market near fruit and one near Inns,
and the fruit is efficiently carried between the two. Right now, this
makes the market to powerfull for its low cost, and, after some
discussion, we should agree to increase the cost of a market like we
did the swarm.

I've done as much testing as I could, everything seems to work, but if
you note anything new bugs, report them immeddiettly.